4 Days Mcleodganj Dharamshala Tour Package from Yatra India Rs.10389/-
MCLEODGANJ DHARAMSHALA TOUR PACKAGE
4 Days – 3 Nights / Rs.10389/-
Day 1 Mon, Sep 05, 2011
Depart from New Delhi, Arrival at McLeodganj.
Day At Leisure.
Day 2 Tue, Sep 06, 2011
War Memorial and Kangra Art Gallery. The town of Dharamsala is the administrative headquarters of the district of Kangra. This lies below McLeodganj along the same set of hills. The Kotwali Bazaar is the main thoroughfare which connects up to McLeodganj. Two of the area’s ‘must do’ places are located here – the War Memorial and the Kangra Art Gallery. The War Memorial commemorates the war heroes of Himachal Pradesh. The Kangra Art Gallery is located in the heart of Dharamsala.
This has artefacts that date back to the fifth century. The displays include the area’s famous miniature paintings. The gallery also houses sculptures, pottery, anthropological artefacts, coins, jewellery and manuscripts. ‘Shaminas’, canopies, and dresses used by local royalty, old carved doors, intricately carved ‘jalis’ that once served a windows or railings, lintels and ‘pandals’ – small platforms – are also on display.
Estimated Visit time 1.0 Hours to 2.0 Hours
Church of St John in the Wilderness The Anglican church of St. John in the Wilderness lies between McLeodganj and Forsythganj on the road to Dharamsala. This small dressed-stone church was built in 1852. The interior walls of the church are also of exposed stone whose forbidding appearance is relived by fine stained glass windows, the polished wood of the altar rail, and the brass of the old oil lamps – which have been modified to hold electric lights. The church also has some memorial tablets which tell a story of their own. One large memorial plaque is dedicated to officers who fell in the Mesopotamian, Palestinian and French campaigns during the First World War, and in Baluchistan. On both sides, the church is flanked by a well tended cemetery over the grassy slopes. The most notable memorial and one which adjoins the church, is the elaborate stone memorial that was erected over the body of the British Viceroy, Lord Elgin who died at Dharamsala in 1863.
Estimated Visit time 30 Minutes to 1.0 Hours
Thekchen Choling Complex or Dalai Lama Temple The Namgyal Monastery is named after the original Namgyal monastery in Lhasa, Tibet. This is where novice monks are trained under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. The monastery has nearly two hundred monks and the younger ones study the major texts of the Buddhist Sutras and Tantras. The Tsuglakhang is the main hall where prayers are conducted. This is encircled by large prayer wheels. Within are larger than life images of Shakyamuni Buddha, Avalokiteshwara and Padmasambhava. Just off this, is the Kalachakra Temple whose architecture and murals serve as a representation of Tibet’s rich spiritual and artistic tradition. The residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama is also located here.
Estimated Visit time 1.0 Hours to 4.0 Hours
Day 3 Wed, Sep 07, 2011
Kangra Fort Kangra Fort was the largest fort in India north of Delhi. This was the arbiter of much of Kangra’s history for a millennium. The earliest definitive reference of the fort is in 1009 AD in the chroniclers of the invader, Mahmud of Ghazni. Built on a rocky hill over the confluence of the Banganga and Manjhi rivulets, its high ramparts and walls have a circumference of approximately four kilometres. It was heavily damaged in the earthquake of 4 April 1905, but several gates, the shrines of Ambika Devi, Adinath and Lakshminarayan, and the remains of its palaces are still there. A small cemetery outside the fort has some seventeen graves that date to the time when it was under British control. There is a small museum near the entrance gate that has been established by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Estimated Visit time 1.0 Hours to 3.0 Hours
Dal lake The Dal Lake lies on the vehicular road between McLeodganj and the village of Naddi. This small ‘mid-altitude’ lake is at a height of 1775 m above sea level and is in the tiny village of Tota Rani. The lake is backed by thick woods of majestic deodar (Himalayan cedar) trees and there is a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva along its northern bank. Every September, this is also the site of a major local fair that is attended, among others, by large numbers of the transhumant Gaddi people. Beyond the Dal lake is the village of Naddi that offers some magnificent views. Past Naddi, is one of the most magnificently sited houses in all McLeodganj, ‘Talnu’.
Estimated Visit time 30 Minutes to 2.0 Hours
Norbulingka In 1754, the Seventh Dalai Lama created an institute to preserve Tibet’s arts and sciences within the Norbulingka Palace, the summer residence of the Dalai Lamas, which was located some two kilometres outside of Lhasa, Tibet’s capital. The Norbulingka Palace was constructed according to the foundation proportions of the Bodhisattva of Compassion, known as Avalokiteshvara. The same guiding principle underpins both the philosophy and architecture of the Norbulingka Institute located at Sidhbari, 18 kms from McLeodganj. The temple at Norbulinka is an impressively tall one and yet, is a very personal space wherein resides the true gem that is the visual and spiritual heart of the Norbulingka Institute; this is the gilded copper statue of the Shakyamuni Buddha – at once a radiant and serene, it is also a stunning piece of art.
Estimated Visit time 30 Minutes to 2.0 Hours
Day 4 Thu, Sep 08, 2011
Depart from McLeodganj, Arrival at New Delhi.
Day At Leisure.
Price for 2 Adults Rs.20,257
Service Tax Rs.522
|From||To||City name||Hotel name||Room Cat.||Meal Type|
|Sep 05, 2011||Sep 08, 2011||McLeodganj||Nishaad Resorts||Deluxe Cottage||Breakfast Only|
- 4 days / 3 Nights accommodation in 1 Double room/s at the selected hotels (rooms) or similar, as mentioned above. (Check-in time is at 2:00pm and Check-out time is at 12:00nn).
- Buffet meals as per meal plan mentioned above.
- All Transportation and sight-seeing by Small Air Conditioned Car as per itinerary, including driver allowance, toll tax and parking fee (AC will not be applicable in hills).
- 2.575% Government service tax.
- Local Guides for Sight-seeing.
- Entrance fee to the Monuments, Cultural Events, Jeep safari and any activities suggested in the itinerary.
- Any kind of airfare /train fare.
- Any Still / Video Camera fees applicable at the monuments or activities is chargeable direct.
- Any alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, mineral water, use of mini bar in room and room service.
- Personal expenses such as Laundry, Communication Charges (Phone/Internet).
- Any additional meals / en route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, Guides etc. and any other expenses/service not mentioned in the inclusions.
Terms & Conditions
- The rates are calculated with best available prices from suppliers These rates may vary on daily basis.
- 02 Adults 01 Child is suggested in a standard room. If a family with 02 adults 02 Child would suggest to take either 02 inter connecting rooms or higher category rooms.
- The hotels and services as mentioned in the itinerary are subject to confirmation.
- Universal hotel check-in time is between 02.00 pm – 03.00 pm and Check-out time is between 10.00 am – 12.00 noon depending upon the property.
- Rates may change in case of any changes in hotel, transport cost, government taxes or entrance fees.
- Transportation is provided, based on users choice and number of travelers, by small sized car , medium sized car , large car or Multi utility vehicle as the case may be. The type of vehicle suggested in each category is indicative and depends on physical availability, in case of non availability similar category vehicle will be provided.
- Baggage restriction and size specification
Small car – 2 small size bags,
Medium car – 2 big and 1 small size bags
Large car – 2 big and 2 small size bags
MUV – 3 big and 2 small size bags
Small bag dimensions: 24″ x 18.5″ x 10″
Big bag dimensions: 18.25″ x 29.5 ” x 11″
- Yatra reserves the right of rescheduling the sequence of activities and sightseeing points as and when deemed necessary due to activity timings or to suit the flow of itinerary
For More Detail & Booking of Mcleodganj Dharamshala Tour Package