Nainital Packages from Yatra Travel
Price per person
Each of 02 Paying Pax
Each of 04 Paying Paxs
Validity: 1st July – 15th Dec, 2010
|Day 1: Delhi – Nainital
Early morning drive from Delhi to Nainital. Arrive and check in at the hotel. Rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy a stroll on mall road, the lake and surroundings.
Naini Lake: Nestled picturesquely in the center of a ring of seven majestic hills, Naini Lake with its shimmering waters has held thousands spell-bound by its very beauty. Be it day or night, the surrounding hills dotted with cozy cottages form a perfect backdrop to the emerald green lake. Set sail on a yacht or a boat to the middle of the lake and savor the tranquil beauty of nature. Alternatively, enjoy a walk along the lake, which is surrounded by nature’s bounty such as flowering plants and shrubs.
Naina Devi Temple: The Naina Devi Temple is located on the banks of the Naini Lake and carries a fascinating legend with it. It is believed that Lord Shiva’s consort, Sati, immolated herself after her father neglected to invite Lord Shiva for a function. Lord Shiva enraged began a cosmic dance that threatened to destroy the earth. Lord Vishnu was compelled to intervene by scattering Sati’s mortal remains across the earth, leading to one of her eyes falling in Nainital.
Mall Road: Running the length of Naini Lake, The Mall is Nainital’s beating heart. It is the commercial hub of the hill station, and is lined with myriad shops, restaurants, banks and other business establishments. After arriving into Nainital most tourists first head out to explore this lively promenade. Abuzz with activity at all times, the Mall Road or Govind Ballabh Pant Marg, is a place to enjoy hot chocolate fudge and shop around for decorative candles in delightful colors and shapes.
Stay overnight at Hotel The Pavilion (Standard room).
Day 2: Nainital sightseeing
Today after breakfast do a sightseeing tour of Nainital town.
Snow view point: Nestled at an altitude of 2270 meters (approx. 7447.5 feet) on the Sher Ka Danda ridge, Snow View Point offers brilliant panoramic views of the snow-capped Himalayas including the stark white Nanda Devi peak, the highest peak of Uttarakhand Himalayas. Nainital town, which is 3 kilometers (1.9 miles) away, can be viewed from here, though it will look miniscule from this altitude. You can also hire a telescope at the site. One of the more easily accessible peaks of Sher-ka-Danda hills, Snow View Point is connected to the main town by the aerial ropeway (1000 and 1600 hours).
Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant Zoo: Home to a variety of endangered species such as the snow leopard, Tibetan Wolf and Himalayan Black Bear, this High Altitude Zoo is a popular drawcard for tourists to Nainital. The only zoo in Uttarakhand, it a great place to come up close to the Siberian Tiger, the rare white pea fowl, sloth bear, Himalayan Martin, Himalayan Civet, and discover a wealth of avifauna including pheasants, parakeets and owls. Nestled on the Sher ka Danda hills at an altitude of 2100 meters (7000 feet) above sea level, this zoo was set up in 1984 to conserve the fragile ecology of the high-altitude Himalayan ranges.
Cave Garden: The Cave Gardens are a cluster of six underground natural caves with long winding paths, located on the road leading to Kaladhungi. Named Tiger Cave, Panther Cave, Bat Cave, Squirrel Cave, Ape Cave and Flying fox Cave, you will pass through well-lit tunnels that narrow down progressively – at some places you may have to go down on all fours. Though these caves have a narrow entrance, the interiors are shockingly vast. As one proceeds from one cave to another, the difficulty level increases. It is Uttarakhand’s first eco-garden and musical fountain garden, carved from a series of newly discovered natural caves formed from years of seismic activity. Once you have explored the caves, continue to the garden atop the hill, where you can get some sun and enjoy a panoramic view of the plunging gorges and soaring cliffs.
St. John Church: A weathered church dating back to 1844, St. John in the Wilderness is located in Mallital, the Northern end of Lake Naini. One of the oldest buildings in the region, the church is known for its stained glass windows, and is one of the few remnants of British architectural heritage. The church has a memorial commemorating the victims of the 1880 landslide in Nainital that killed over 150 people and created the Flatts. Many of the landslide victims lay buried in the cemetery behind the church.
Stay overnight at Hotel The Pavilion (Standard room).
Day 3: Nainital – Lake Tour
Today morning after breakfast we embark on our tour of lakes and temples, the journey takes you through serene Himalayan vistas while visiting calm lakes in wilderness locations
BhimTal Lake: A trip to Nainital is literally incomplete without a visit to the majestic Bhimtal Lake, which apparently is named after Bhima of the five Pandavas. Recorded as the largest lake in Nainital district and the second largest in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, Bhimtal rests poetically flanked by the serene Kumaon hills. Situated 22 kilometers (13.6 miles) away from Nainital, Bhimtal rests at an altitude of 1370 meters (4495 feet) and is a major tourist attraction in the district. What makes Bhimtal more fascinating is the existence of a small island (91 meters from the shore) right in the middle of this multifarious fish-filled lake. Besides aquatic life, the area also abounds in flora and fauna. You can catch sight of such exotic species of birds as the emerald dove, rufous-bellied bulbul, wall creeper, tawny fish owl and Himalayan speckled piculet, which so to say, can be a birdwatcher’s delight. A walk towards the 40 feet high Victorian Dam with terraced flower gardens on either side can particularly rejuvenate your mind.
Naukuchia Taal, the nine-cornered lake: Just a little away from Bhimtal Lake (about 4 kilometers or 2.4 miles), calmly sleeps Naukuchiatal, the nine-cornered lake. Naukuchiatal, the deepest lake around, attracts a large group of migratory birds every year just before autumn and offers a spectacular display for bird watchers in the endless azure expanse. This enchanting lake is rhythmically complemented with a pristine blanket of green slopes and forests that provide the perfect setting for your rendezvous with nature. And if you wish to take along a teaser of nature’s romance with Naukuchiatal, don’t forget to buy some fruits and jams from one of its many orchards. Here you can indulge in some serious adventure sports like paragliding, parasailing, horse riding and trekking, besides just boating in the lake.
Saat Taal: Another interesting lake near Bhimtal is Sattal (about 12 kilometers or 74 miles away), which literally means seven lakes because that’s what it is actually – a group of seven smaller lakes. These seven lakes converge at a point in the Mehragaon Valley to form the Sattal Lake, which incidentally is a paradise for birdwatchers and nature lovers due to its picture-perfect countenance. Bird watching, boating and simply taking languid nature walks can be best enjoyed here.
Golu Devta Temple: Once you are done with your fill of lakes, birds and adventure sports, you have to sample a bit of the local flavor. That’s when you head over to Bhowali, a major export centre for apples, apricot, plums, pears and peaches besides being a scenic extravaganza. Here, you can visit the Golu Devta Temple in nearby Ghorakhal, which houses the local deity.
Hanuman Garhi Temple: Nestled on the Uttarakhand hills at an altitude of 1951 meters (approx. 6401 feet), Hanuman Garhi is a beautiful temple complex dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Set up by Baba Neem Kiroli in the 1950s, the temple has the shrines of Lord Hanuman, Rama and Shiva. After paying your respects to the deities, you could stay back to enjoy a spectacular sunset over the hills from this vantage point. You can trek up to the temple or take a taxi.
Stay overnight at Hotel The Pavilion (Standard room).
Day 4: Nainital – Delhi
Today morning is at leisure, you may enjoy a stroll on mall road or the pedestrians trail along Naini lake, before departing from Nainital
Thandi Sadak: Running the length of Naini Lake, Thandi Sadak is a long winding sun-dappled path lined with sentinel oaks, deodars and pines. The canopy of trees along the road is so thick that sunlight barely manages to filter in. Ostensibly the road remains cold during the day, and hence christened ‘Thandi Sadak’ (meaning cold road). Away from the clamor of The Mall, which is across the lake, this pedestrians-only pathway is very popular with trekkers and nature lovers who come here to enjoy the pristine surroundings and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Take a leisurely stroll on the pathway and enjoy the beauty of the Naini Lake glistening in the sun on one side, and the dense wall of oaks on the other.
Afterwards, early noon we drive back to Delhi.
1. Hotel/Holiday packages and program of instant cash back up to 25% for specified domestic hotel booking (excluding taxes) is solely and entirely implemented by Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd. (“Yatra”) for all eligible Yatra Customers.
2. Packages with flights as inclusion are subjected to Terms & Conditions and policies of Yatra and GoAir airline.
3. Hotels and flights through GoAir are available on selected dates only. Please confirm inclusions, availability and other details with Yatra directly at the time of booking package. Please call us at 1860 5000 700 for booking and support.
4. The prices for hotel packages displayed on www.Yatra.com includes cash back deduction. You’ll be charged amount after deducting cash back benefit applicable on the hotel package.
5. The offer is applicable to selected hotels as specified on the offer page on Yatra.com. Also the amount of cash back applicable would vary as per the hotel and package selected.
6. The offer is open to all who make the full payment in advance only for the selected hotel packages.
7. The offer is valid for dates as specified in the description of each hotel package on the offer page.
8. This offer is not valid for Travel Agents. Yatra reserves the right to recover the discounted amount if such a case is brought or comes to Yatra notice.
9. The discount would be provided and applicable only on the Basic tariff, which would be exclusive of all Government levies, statutory taxes and other charges.
10. All purchases made under this Promotion shall neither be amended nor cancelled/refunded.
11. Taxes, surcharge and other statutory levies on the services will be charged as per actual from the customer.
12. Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right at any time without prior notice to add, alter, modify, all or any of these terms and conditions or replace, wholly or in part, this Offer by any other Offer, whether similar to this Offer or not or to withdraw it altogether.
13. This discount offer cannot be clubbed with other hotel offers from Yatra.
14. All other standard Terms & Conditions mentioned on the Website would apply.
15. All hotel booking will be subject to availability at the time of booking and will be governed by the standard hotel terms & conditions.
16. Any disputes arising out of this Offer shall be subject to the final decision of Yatra.
17. This Promotion Code cannot be availed to split a continuous stay at a hotel into different bookings using different names/email/phone/identity. Yatra will take final decision on identifying and removing such bookings from the offer.
18. This promotion is open to all Yatra Online Private Limited (Yatra) customers only. This offer is not valid for Yatra’s & other business associates’ employees, their family, friends & relatives.
19. The Promotion will not be applicable if the Hotel is running a cash back /discount offer itself or declared black-out dates.
Book Avail Price Visit : www.yatra.com
To Get the latest 2023 quote for this "3 Nights Tour Package to Queen of Kumaon Nainital with Yatra.com Rs.5300/-" travel deal package, contact our travel agent by this Travel Booking Form
Note: The rates mentioned in this package are lowest and subject to change without prior notice. The peak season rates are different as mentioned here, kindly contact the travel agent before booking.
If you have not decided yet or wants to customize tour itinerary or hotels listed above in "3 Nights Tour Package to Queen of Kumaon Nainital with Yatra.com Rs.5300/-", then we can change the travel itinerary and make a personalized, tailor-made holiday package, especially for you. We can modify this travel package as per your itinerary, budget, duration and the tourist places you would like to visit, including transportation and airfare should be included or not. Please fill the form below to contact us.