Though Hubli and Dharwad are separate cities, they are referred to as “twin cities”, and are a part of a single municipal corporation in Karnataka. Both the towns lie 20 km apart, and amongst them, Dharwad serves as an administrative centre while Hubli is a commercial hub. Hubli flourished in cotton and iron trade during the Vijayanagar rule. Due to different rulers and reigns, Hubli is a cultural hub.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Hubli
- Chandramouleshwara Temple : The architectural monument in Hubli-Dharwad is a 900-year-old shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is carved out of black granite and displays the craftsmanship of the talented artisans of that era.
- Banashankari Temple : Constructed in the 13th century, the beautiful temple is an example of Chalukya period art and is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Nrupatunga Hill : This is a small hillock and a famous picnic spot in Hubli. For a great experience, visit it during the months of October-January.
- Navagraha Teertha : It is the major pilgrim spot of the Janin community in the country. Here you can marvel at the 61-foot tall idol of Shri 1008 Parshvanath Bhagwan and small statues of 8 Jain Tirthankaras.
- Indira Gandhi Glass House Garden : The landscaped garden showcases a central glasshouse building and is a popular destination for exhibitions and music concerts.
- Unkal Lake : Sprawling across 200 acres, the 110 years old lake serves as a great picnic spot with recreational activities like boating.
- Siddharoodha Math : The math was established by the followers of Siddharoodha who took Samadhi in 1929. He was a teacher of the ‘Advaita’ philosophy.
Check out the latest travel packages to Hubli, from various travel companies in India. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Hubli and travel packages, tour package deals to Hubli. Get exclusive deals on Hubli Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Hubli family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.