Mananthavady is a small town in the Wayanad district on the banks of Mananthavady Puzha tributary of the river Kabini. Mananthavady is excellent for trekking and bird watching as it is strewn in the forests of the Brahmagiri hills. It is also the getaway to access Kuruva Dweep Island and the Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary. Mananthavady is a great stopover point as there are a large number of plantation type resorts and homestays that offer a comfortable stay for tourists.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Mananthavady
- Meenmutty Falls, Wayanad - Majestic waterfall of South India
- Banasura Sagar Project - 21 km from Kalpetta, the islands formed due to the construction of the reservoir of the dam are a significant tourist attraction.
- Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary - At 15 km from Mananthavady, the sanctuary is a part of Nilgiri Forest Reserve and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Kutta - This small village is known for budget friendly accommodation.
- Ananthanatha Swami Temple - One of the oldest Jain temples in Kerala.
- Thirunelli Temple - This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is located at an altitude of 990 m.
- Varambetta Mosque - The oldest mosque in Wayanad.
- Irupu Falls - These falls are located on the Karnataka and Kerala border.
- Sultan Bathery, Kalpetta, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Chethalayam Falls, The Kuruva islands, Kuruvadweep.
Traveldealsfinder gives you the freedom to customise your Mananthavady trip. Choose what you want, when you want and how you want from packages cited on the portal. Carefully tailored by travel companies like Ezeego1, these packages will undoubtedly make your Mananthavady a memorable one.