Best of Rajasthan 9 Nights / 10 Days at INR 26500/- from TUI India
Duration: 9 Nights / 10 Days
Price: INR 26500/-
Validity: 1 June,2012 To 30 Sep,2012
- 01 night in Mandawa, 01 night in Bikaner, 02 nights in Jaisalmer, 01 night in Jodhpur, 02 nights in Udaipur, 01 night in Ajmer and 01 night in Jaipur
- Daily breakfast
- Sightseeing tour of Bikaner
- Sightseeing tour of Jaisalmer
- Visit the Sand Dunes to witness a spectacular sunset at Jaisalmer
- Sightseeing tour of Jodhpur
- Visit Ranakpur on the way to Udaipur
- Sightseeing tour of Udaipur
- Sightseeing tour of Ajmer
- Sightseeing tour of Jaipur
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by Air-conditioned car
- 09 Nights accommodation in below mentioned or similar hotels
- Daily buffet / fixed menu breakfast at all places
- Air-conditioned car for sightseeing & excursions as per itinerary
- All currently applicable taxes
Day 1 : Delhi - Mandawa
Arrive Delhi and depart for Mandawa (280 kms / 6 hrs drive approx) and check-into the hotel. In the heart of the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan lies the beautiful small town Mandawa, known throughout the state for its forts and havelis. The structures of this place reminds one of the cultural and social hotspot this place used to be in the by gone era. Evening at leisure Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2 : Mandawa – Bikaner
After breakfast, a visit around Mandawa and Shekhawati region, which is famous for the various havelis, which are extravagantly painted. Later drive to Bikaner en route visiting Fatehpur, a town once ruled by the Muslims. Here one must look out for the Devra and Singhania Havelis, which are unmatched. Arrive Bikaner and check-into the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 3 : Bikaner – Jaisalmer
Breakfast at the hotel Morning visit the Bikaner city, bolstered by imposing walls and has a 16th century fort housing old palaces, temples and a mosque founded by Raja Rai Singh.
Later depart for Jaisalmer (330 kms/8 hrs), en route visiting “Deshnoke Temple” this temple is dedicated to the mystic Karni Mata. Later drive to Jaisalmer, on arrival check-in to the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4 : Jaisalmer
After breakfast, visit the various Havelis, known for the Silavats (Stone carvers) of Jaisalmer is justly famous. It attained its peak of excellence during the 18th and the 19th centuries, rivaling the quality of the carved marble of the Taj Mahal at Agra. Afterwards drive up to the Citadel to witness the Sunset which will leave your spell bound.
Later in the afternoon visit Sam Sand Dunes – This is a typical ethnic village situated 40 kms from Jaisalmer, a small picturesque desert village of decorated mud thatched buildings. Visitors are attracted here by shifting sand dunes, some 80 mt. High, and beautiful sunsets. Enjoy a camel ride in the Desert. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 5 : Jaisalmer – Jodhpur
After breakfast, depart for Jodhpur ( 285 kms/ 6-7 hrs approx ). Jodhpur is at the edge of the Thar Desert and is the largest city in Rajasthan after Jaipur. Arrive and check-in at the hotel. Afternoon visit the impressive Mehrangarh Fort on a 37 m low sandstone hill built by Rao Jodha in 1459. Proceed to the Jaswant Thada, an imposing marble cenotaph built in 1899 for Maharajah Jaswant Singh II, and smaller memorials to other Maharajahs of Jodhpur. At the end of the tour enjoy a short walk through the local and vibrant bazaar of Jodhpur. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 6 : Jodhpur – Ranakpur – Udaipur
After breakfast, drive to Udaipur en route visiting Ranakpur, the wonderful 3 temples of the Jain sect dating back to the 14th/15th century. The unforgettable main Temple dedicated to Adinatha the first Tirthankar (1439) built in marble took 65 years to complete. It is one of the five holy Jain pilgrimage centers, and has one of the best temple complexes. On arrival in Udaipur, check into the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7 : Udaipur
After breakfast, visit the City Palace, once entirely the home of Mewar’s rulers, is today largely a museum run by the Maharana Mewar Foundation. Visit the Jagdish Mandir, close by the main gate of City Palace, is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Later visit the Sahelion ki Bari (Garden of the maids of honor) and the Bharatiya lok kala Mandal. Also visit the bazaar areas Hathipol, Chetak Circle, Clock Tower Palace Road, Bapur Bazar and city market. You get talk toys, brightly colored garments, tie and dye sarees and turbans, hand painted textiles, cane furniture as well as local Silver Jewellery is reasonably priced.
Late afternoon enjoy boat ride on Lake Pichola (on your own), 4 km long and 3 km broad, surrounded by splendid hills, Palace, temples, bathing Ghats and embankments.
Visit the Island Palace Jag Niwas which is beautifully set in the Lake. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 8 : Udaipur – Ajmer
After breakfast, drive to Ajmer (380 kms- 8 hrs). On arrival check in to your hotel. Afternoon visit the Tomb of the Sufi Saint, Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, the Dargah Sharif. The city was founded by the Chauhan ruler, Aiaipal, during the 11th century and is dominated by The Taragarh Fort built by Prithviraj Chauhan. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 9 : Ajmer – Jaipur
After breakfast depart for Jaipur (150 kms – 3 hrs drive) Arrive and check-in at the hotel. Afternoon depart for half day city tour of Jaipur and visit the City Palace and Museum. Walk to the adjacent Jantar Mantar- an astronomical observatory. Drive past the Hawa Mahal, a Palace of winds. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 10 : Jaipur – Delhi
After breakfast, visit the Amber fort, built in 16th century. Enjoy an Elephant ride at Amber (on your own). Afternoon depart for Delhi (257 km / 5 hrs). On arrival in Delhi you will be transferred to airport / railway station for your onward journey.
- Air fare / train fare
- Any meals other then those specified in ‘Cost Includes’
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc
- Any other item not specified in ‘Cost Includes’
- Govt. service tax extra as applicable on land package cost
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Tour prices are valid for Indian Nationals & Foreigners holding Indian Resident Permit
- All Prices are in Indian Rupees and valid for Indian National
- In case rooms are not available in the below mentioned hotels, we shall book the rooms in alternate hotels charging actual supplement / reduction.
For booking and more information contact TUI India