Eldho’s Birding Lodge is a unit of Asian Adventures located in Thattekkad, Kerala. Eldho’s Birding Lodge is nestled deep in a 10 acre plantation area. The lodge is an ideal spot for bird watchers and nature lovers. The envious location of the lodge affords long walks in the wild country and unexplored territories, the experience of which is enhanced by some of the most experienced guides. The rustle of the breeze in the adjoining forests, the call of the birds, and at night sitting around a camp-fire and listening to the occasional calls of the owls provides an unforgettable dimension to the ambience. If you let the lodge know in advance what interests you in the wild – birds, butterflies, trek in the green jungles, rafting / boating, the lodge will be happy to chalk out a thrilling holiday…just tailor-made for you!
• Birdwatcher’s paradise
• Birding guide
• Trained hospitality staff
About the lodge
Rooms: The entire construction is handiwork of traditional builders with prime focus on vital natural elements—sunlight, wind and rainfall. We have mud cottages thatched with bamboo grass, over a lining of bamboo ceiling. Large airy windows and veranda on 3 sides of the cottages offer arm chair birding. Keeping in mind the needs of the international traveller, each cottage is designed with modern interiors to ensure maximum comfort. Each cottage is a spacious bedroom and attached toilet.
Food and Drinks: Most of our visitors have been pleasantly surprised by the sumptuous fare our cook dishes out ‘in the middle of nowhere’! A variety of mostly Kerala dishes are served with utmost emphasis on hygiene, freshness of the food and ingredients. We totally understand the culinary preferences of our guests and do justice to both the European stomach and the demands of spiced-up Indian guests.
Tariff (Validity: Sep. 2010)
Accommodation is with breakfast, lunch, dinner & tea service.
– Single Cottage – Rs. 3500
– Double Cottage – Rs. 4000
(Tax as applicable)
2 Pick-Ups and Transfers
Skilled drivers in cars / jeeps will transfer guests from the railway stations or airport from to the lodge. Please note all road transfers from are to be booked by your preferred Indian ground handler or through us.
Nearest airport is Kochi situated at a distance of 54 km
Nearest railway stations is Eranakulam situated at a distance of 65 km
Terms & Conditions
– All tariffs are on per night basis and are in Indian rupees.
– Extra bed for a child between 5-12 years of age will be charged 25% of the room cost
– Extra bed for a person above 12 years of age will be charged 35% of the room cost
An advance of 100% is required. All payments to be made in favour of M/S Asian Adventures payable at New Delhi.
Best Time to Travel: October to March when bird viewing is the best.
– Less than 15 days before the arrival date – no refund
– Less than 20 days before the arrival date – 60% refund
– Less than 25 days before the arrival date – 75% refund
– No refund in case of road block, accident, no show etc.
– 50% of the total refundable amount (as per the above policy) will be released after cancellation and balance 50% will be adjust in to the future bookings only
* Rates subject to change without notice.
* To & fro transportation can be arranged at an extra cost.
* Group rates will be given on request
To Get the latest 2019 quote for this "Eldho’s Birding Lodge in Thattekkad, Kerala" travel deal package, contact our travel agent by this Travel Booking Form
Note: The rates mentioned in this package are lowest and subject to change without prior notice. The peak season rates are different as mentioned here, kindly contact the travel agent before booking.
If you have not decided yet or wants to customize tour itinerary or hotels listed above in "Eldho’s Birding Lodge in Thattekkad, Kerala", then we can change the travel itinerary and make a personalized, tailor-made holiday package, especially for you. We can modify this travel package as per your itinerary, budget, duration and the tourist places you would like to visit, including transportation and airfare should be included or not. Please fill the form below to contact us.