Planning to Visit Andaman and Nicobar? Find the various ways to travel to Andaman and Nicobar by Road, Cars, Trains, Indian Railways, Flights, Airlines and Airports in Andaman and Nicobar.
Flights to Port Blair are not really “low-cost”, if compared to the same airlines’ mainland India flights, but still cheaper than any other way to get to islands. Price varies significantly with date, so if your travel dates aren’t fixed, you can save significantly by choosing the right day to fly. Advance booking (available on respective airline’s website) at least several days before trip is recommended.
Jet Airways flights are operating every day on Chennai – Port Blair – Chennai sector. Jet Airways: City Office: Junglighat, Port Blair, Tel: 236922/236933 Fax: 236944, Airport: 235911,235944, Web Site: www.jetairways.com
Foreign tourist charter flights are also permitted to land at Port Blair subject to the fulfillment of guidelines of the Director General of Civil Aviation.
Regular passenger ship services are available to Port Blair from Chennai, Calcutta and Visakhapatnam and back. There are three to four sailings every month from Kolkata and Chennai to Port Blair and vice-versa. There is one sailing from Vishakhapatnam in a month. The voyage takes about 50 to 60 hours and the ship normally berths at Port Blair for about two to four days.
Cruising through the Bay of Bengal is also a delightful experience to reach Andaman. Regular passenger ship services operate to Port Blair from Chennai, Kolkata and Vishakhapatnam.
Chennai to Port Blair: 60 hours
Kolkata to Port Blair: 66 hours
Vishakapatnam to Port Blair: 56 hours
Get Travel ticket to Andaman and Nicobar from official website of Andaman and Nicobar Tourism: http://tourism.andaman.nic.in/getticket.htm
Some important address to get ship tickets to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. Apeejay House, 4th Floor, Dinsa Wacha Road, Mumbai – 400 020 Tel: 2822101/2823316 Fax: (022) 2022438
2. Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Shipping House, No. 13, Strand Road, Calcutta – 700 001 Tel: 2482354, 2488013 Fax: (033) 2482035, 2480377
3. Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Jawahar Building, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600 001 Tel: (044) 5231401, Fax: (044) 5231218
4. The Deputy Director of Shipping Services, A&N Administration, 6, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600 001 Tel: (044) 5220841/5226873
5. The Directorate of Shipping Services, A&N Administration, Phoenix Bay Jetty, Port Blair (For MV Nancowry and MV Swarajdweep) Tel: (03192) 232528/232742 Fax: (03192) 230480
6. Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Aberdeen Bazar, Port Blair – 744 101 Tel: (03192) 233347, 233590 Fax: (03192) 233778
7. M/s A.V. Bhanojirao and Garuda Pattabhiramayya & Co., Post Box No. 17, Vishakapatnam (Agent – Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.) Tel: (0891) 565597/562661, Fax: 566507/549224
If you have any suggestions, feedback regarding Andaman and Nicobar How to reach/travel, road information, flight airlines information or trains information or You want to add or remove any particular information about Andaman and Nicobar How to Reach then please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Do mention the URL of page for which you are making any suggestions)
Note: All the maps, images in Andaman and Nicobar How to reach belong to their respective owners. We have used images for information purpose only. If the map owner wants us to remove the maps then do write to us. Information on Flights, Indian Railways, Roadways to Andaman and Nicobar may differ from actual. You are requested to check Indian Railways, Airlines and related tourism department of Andaman and Nicobar for latest updates.