Capture the essence of Vietnamese life by diving into Hanoi's vibrant city streets. Hanoi is Vietnam's capital and a burgeoning economic centre that clings firmly to its traditional culture and manages to showcase both old and modern Vietnam.
You can witness the city streets humming with street vendor action; cafés and happening restaurants, and contemporary scenes.
When the crowds begin to dread you, Hanoi unfolds a bundle of sites where you can escape for a peaceful vacay. Within the city limits, Hoan Kiem Lake offers a perfect respite, while the Temple of Literature and Vietnam Museum of Ethnology present a plethora of opportunities to reflect on Vietnam's grandeur, history and culture.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Hanoi
- Hanoi Old Town Quarter: It is touted as the commercial heartbeat of town and boasts of a history that stretches back 1,000 years.
- Hoan Kiem Lake: Serene and tranquil, the lake is nestled on the southern edge of the renowned old town quarter.
- Temple of Literature: This is a beautiful and incredibly peaceful Confucian temple.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: The sprawling complex is nestled within the city's gardens that has the tomb of Ho Chi Minh.
- Vietnam Museum of Ethnology: The extensive national collection illustrates the story of Vietnam's diverse cultures in a series of well-curated exhibits.
- Hoa Lo Prison Museum: Foreign visitors recognise it as the prison where American POWs were held during the Vietnam War.
- Water Puppet Theatre: The city is rightly termed as the heartland of contemporary water puppet theatre with five shows daily.
- Military History Museum: An eclectic mix of weaponry and military machines.
- Fine Art Museum: Here you can browse through an extensive collection of 11th and 12th-century ceramic work and a substantial gallery devoted to folk art.
- Imperial Citadel: In 2010 it was recognised as the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- West Lake: Hanoi's largest lake. The shoreline of West Lake stretches for 15 kilometres.
- Memorial House: Life of locals during the earlier days can be seen here.
Book your Hanoi Customised Tour Package with traveldealsfinder and get to choose travel packages from GOIBIBO, Kesari, Flight Shop, Travel India, Air Asia and many others.