Neatly tucked in the beautiful North East, Aizawl is home to the Mizoram State Museum. It is also the cultural and religious capital of Mizoram.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Aizawl
- Durtlang Hills : Providing stunning panoramic views of the hill station, the Durtlang Hills are famous for the picture postcard setting and surreal environment.
- Reiek : Apart from being famous as a tourist resort, Reiek with its dense temperate forests is home to wildlife animals and hill birds like the rare Peregrine falcon.
- Vantawang Falls : These are the highest waterfalls in the State. The water cascades from 750 feet. The bamboo thickets enclosing the waterfall add beauty to its exemplary beauty.
- Mizoram State Museum : Situated in the heart of the city, this State Museum displays Mizoram’s rich culture and heritage.
- KV Paradise : The 3-storeyed mausoleum was constructed in the memory of Varte passed away in 2001 after a fatal motor accident. This beautiful structure showcases an odd collection of her wardrobe and shoes.
- Solomon Temple : It is a grand temple situated in the Kidron Valley .
- Hmuifang : 50 km from the main town of Aizawl, Hmuifang is situated at an altitude of 1619 m, the destination boasts of well preserved virgin forests. The Thalfavang Kut Festival, showcasing various Mizo dances, is held here.
- Falkawn Village : The village depicts the livelihoods and culture of the Mizos, who form the most prominent tribe of the State.
- DampaTige Reserve : It is the largest wildlife sanctuary in Mizoram, and was declared as a Tiger Reserve in 1994. It is situated in the West Mizoram and is about 127 km from Aizawl. The Tiger Reserve sprawls across 550 sq km. The forests here are home to rich flora and fauna.
- Salvation Army Temple : The holy shrine has a beautiful and melodious bell chimes that can be heard throughout the city on quiet mornings.
Some of the best Aizawl tour packages are listed on traveldealsfinder. You could compare, choose and customize the Aizawl holiday package that suits you the most.