Rajahmundry is a picturesque destination situated on the banks of river Godavari and surrounded by green paddy fields, coconut trees and winding roads. It enjoys the proximity to various Ghats, parks, temples and bridges.
Rajahmundry is the cultural capital of Andhra Pradesh, and the birthplace of poet Nannayya, the first Telugu poet. It is renowned as the pilgrimage centre, due to the presence of large sacred sites. Tourists prefer visiting Rajahmundry during the festival of Godavari Pushkaralu as it is held every 12 years.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rajahmundry
- Papi Hills : The breathtaking destination is an ideal vacation gateway. It is an irresistible place for adventure enthusiasts. Plush with greenery, tourists when visiting Papi Hills can enjoy trekking and fishing in nature’s company.
- Kadiyapulanka : A visually enticing holiday destination, Kadiyapulanka is located about 8 km from Rajahmundry. Here you can explore an exotic collection of flowers like rose, jasmine, chrysanthemum and lilies that are grown in the local nurseries.
- Godavari Boat Travels : Cruise through River Godavari and enjoys the magnificent nature to the fullest. The vast green expanse, stunning landscape and alluring hills are bound to steal your heart away.
- Kotilingeshwara Temple : Built during the 10th century, the temple is an excellent example of age-old architecture. Legends state that Ravana offered prayers to Lord Shiva in this temple.
- Rallabandi Subbarao Government Museum : Founded in 1967, the museum showcases an exotic collection of sculptures, coins and old palm-leaf manuscripts.
- Pattiseema : Visit this stunning place to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. A favourite location of the filmmakers, Pattiseema owes its beauty to the scenic hills, colourful sand and amazing sculptures.
- Markandeya Temple : It is one of the ancient temples in Rajahmundry. According to the archaeological surveys the temple was found to be dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was in 1818 that Gundu Sobhanadriswara Rao reconstructed the temple.
- Dowleswaram Barrage : Built for the sole purpose of irrigation on the Godavari river, the Barrage proved instrumental in averting famines during the British era.
Check out the latest travel packages to Rajahmundry, from various travel companies in India. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Rajahmundry and Andhra Pradesh travel packages, tour package deals to Rajahmundry. Get exclusive deals on Rajahmundry Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Rajahmundry family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.