About Namdapha National Park
Located in the Changlang, Namdapha National Park is worth witnessing. It is a biodiversity hotspot and spans across 1808 square km, that makes it the third-largest National Park in India.
Apart from the various forest campsites, over 425 species of flora & fauna can be explored here.
The climate of Namdapha National Park changes throughout the year. While you can visit the Park anytime, it is best to explore it in October to March as the weather is more pleasant.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Namdapha National Park
- Elephant Safari : Taste the thrill with Elephant Safari, and experience the sheer joy of riding on an elephant’s back and spot other animals.
- Adventurous Activities : Apart from Safari, boating and trekking are other activities you can indulge in at the Park.
- Miao Museum : It is one of the major attractions in Namdapha National Park and a great sightseeing place to visit. The museum houses the animal specimens collected from Namdapha like snakes and frog specimens, a large number of bird skins, mammal pelts, and skulls. You can also have a glimpse of the local village life.
- Wildlife Spotting : Spot snow leopards, clouded leopards, tigers, Asiatic black bears, red pandas, and in the Park. The spectacular alpine & temperate forests in the background and exotic fauna make Namdapha a must-visit tourist destination. Also, visit the Dapha Bum, it is a ridge on Mishmi hills and the highest point in Namdapha National Park.
Amongst all the top things to do in Namdapha, the best one is camping in a forest rest house, which is also why you must add this place to your bucket list.
You could also opt for exciting accommodation options in Namdapha National Park like:
- Deban Forest Rest House : The stunning riverside bungalow belongs to the Forest Department, and is known to be one of the best accommodations in the Park. Apart from that, Miao - a government tourist lodge and a rest house in Namchik can be considered for an overnight stay.
- Camping : As there are various campsites in the forest, relax in a tent to stay closer to nature. There are also hotels and resorts situated in the reserve area.
- Circuit Houses And Inspection Bungalows : Book the government-run circuit houses or bungalows, as they are the coolest places to stay in. For more affordable options choose tourist huts and dormitories.
For Namdapha National Park tour packages log onto traveldealsfinder and explore some of the fantastic packages like Assam – Arunachal Pradesh Tour Package by various travel companies in India