Enveloped amidst rolling hills of aromatic tea, canoes sailing down the Brahmaputra river, and thick jungles, Assam is a beautiful state in North East India waiting to be explored. It is here you can enjoy an adventure-packed trip to the North East, best wildlife sanctuaries, and some of the sightseeing places that will leave you awestruck with their beauty and tranquillity.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Assam
- Kaziranga National Park : A home to two-thirds of the planet's population of the one-horned rhinoceros, the park is also a World Heritage Site. It's a well preserved, sustained ecology, and versatile biodiversity that contributes to keeping it on the top of the list of sightseeing places in Assam. Apart from the one-horned Rhino, the park is home to Swamp Deer, Elephants, Bengal Foxes, Gibbons, Civets, Wild Buffalos, Chinese Pangolins, Sloth Bears, Leopards, and Flying Squirrels. It's also a tiger reserve with a vast population of the Royal Bengal Tigers.
- Manas National Park : The National Park is a UNESCO Natural World Heritage site, a Project Tiger Reserve, an Elephant Reserve, a Biosphere Reserve, and the best tourist place in Assam. It is also home to the rare golden langur and the adorable red pandas. Not only this, the park famous for housing India's second-largest tiger population, and a maximum population of the endangered Indian species as listed in the IUCN Red Book.
- Kamakhya Temple : One of the 51 Shakti Peeths in the country, the Temple is believed to protect devotees from evil eyes. The Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Daksha Yagna.
- Majuli Island : This is the world's largest riverine island, and the most important Satras established by Sankardeva and Madhavdev. It sprawls over 452 sq km, and most of it submerges, leaving the bigger like Kamalabari, Auniati, and Garamur on the surface.
- Hoollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary : Located 20 km from Jorhat city centre, Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary is a haven for Assam's Hoolock Gibbon population. The Brahmaputra river surrounds it on one side and tea gardens on all others.
- Kakochang Waterfalls : Cascading down between the rubber and coffee plantations of Jorhat, the Waterfalls are a magnificent wonder of nature. The main waterfall is about 13 km from the Bokakhat in Jorhat and attracts tourists all the year-round.
- Tocklai Tea Research Centre : Established in 1911, the Tocklai Tea Research Centre is the largest and oldest tea research station in the world.
Nameri National Park, Padam Pukhuri, Haflong Lake, Haflong Hill, and Panimur Falls should be a part of your Assam tour itinerary.
Book your Assam tour package on traveldealsfinder. On this portal, you can choose packages by various travel companies in India like Yatra, Make My Trip, Cox and Kings to name a few. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Assam and travel packages, tour package deals to Assam. Get exclusive deals on Assam Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Assam family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.