A relaxing vacation awaits you in Palampur. This pretty hill station is the famed tea capital of Northern India. Located on the Dhauladhar range, it is at a distance of 35 km from Dharamshala and is a prime tourist attraction. It is undoubtedly one of the best sightseeing places in Himachal Pradesh.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Palampur
- Explore the tea plantations - Here the aromatic tea fields are a thorough delight. You can also see the tea making process here.
- Pottery in Andretta - The beautiful village in Himachal Pradesh is an artists’ colony.
- Chamunda Devi Temple - The temple showcases glimpses of Ramayana and Mahabharata.
- Neugal Khad - This is a top picnic spot in Palampur.
- Tashi Jong Monastery - An abode of Tibetan refugees, the valley is serene, quiet and offers stunning views of the valley.
- Norbulingka Institute - Located 29.5 km from Palampur, the institute is a storehouse of Tibetan art, culture and literature.
- Naam Art Gallery - 30.9 km from Palampur, the gallery displays the work of Elsbeth Buschmann.
- Baijnath Temple - 17 km from Palampur, the temple is located in the Kangra Valley and is one of the most beautiful temples of Himachal Pradesh.
- Bir - Located 29.6 km from Palampur, Bir is the paragliding capital of North India.
- Triund - Fall in love with the mountains as you trek and camp in the Triund base camp.
Pick your Palampur tour package from TUI, Welcome Heritage, Air Costa, Club Mahindra, Indian Holidays, Via and Travelguru to name a few.