Gulmarg, famous as the Meadow of Flowers is breathtakingly beautiful. Tourists from across the globe rush to Gulmarg for trekking and skiing as it is India’s premier ski resort. Skiing can be done only during the winters. But the numerous places to visit in Gulmarg are open throughout the year for the ones who wish to capture the eternal beauty of this lovely place.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Gulmarg
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve : A photographer's paradise, the reserve offers retreat for the wildlife lovers. One can explore a wide range of flora, fauna, & avifauna.Both the conifers and green herbs turn the entire sanctuary into a visual retreat.
- Strawberry Field : This is a perfect yesteryear Bollywood’s shoot location. The Strawberry Field is one of the most beautiful sightseeing places to visit in Gulmarg. Tourists can take a pony ride or walk to the field.
- Apharwat Peak : Situated at an altitude of approx. 4,200 meters above sea level, the Peak is one of the most beautiful places to visit in and around Gulmarg. It can be accessed in the second phase of the Gondola cable car ride from Gulmarg. Reaching the peak is subject to the weather conditions.
- Alpather Lake : 13 km from Gulmarg, the Alpather Lake is one of the best places to visit in Gulmarg. The lake is situated at the foot of the twin Apharwat Peaks and is nestled between the Rocky Mountains and the verdant meadows.
- Ningle Nallah and Ferozepur Nallah : Both of the mountain streams flowing through the lush green valleys make for a perfect camping site. Amongst the two, Ferozepur Nallah is a famous tourist attraction in Gulmarg for trout fishing.
- Seven Springs : The Seven Springs offers a majestic view of both Srinagar and Gulmarg valleys. The Gondola cable car transports the tourists from Gulmarg to the Seven Springs in Kongdori.
- Gulmarg Golf Course : It is the largest and highest 18-hole golf courses in India.
- Shrine of Baba Reshi : Built in 1480, the Shrine is accessible by a motorable road from the main Gulmarg Valley. The shrine is dedicated to Baba Reshi, a Muslim scholar & saint who spent his days meditating and praying in the valley.
- Maharani Temple : Built in 1915 by Mohini Bai Sisodia, the temple houses shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and Parvati.
- St. Mary’s Church : It is one of the star attractions of Gulmarg sightseeing tours. Set in the backdrop of meadows, tall alpine trees, and snow-clad mountains, the church built in the early 20th century of its Victorian-style architecture.
Check out the latest travel packages to Gulmarg, from various travel companies in India. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Gulmarg and Kashmir travel packages, tour package deals to Gulmarg. Get exclusive deals on Gulmarg Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Gulmarg family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.