Nestled in the state of Manipur, Moirang has witnessed several wars. It is famous for the Loktak Lake that is home to a plethora of flora and fauna. The city is a perfect place to unwind and relax. It is also a haven for Sangai deer which were once on the verge of extinction.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Moirang
- Loktak Lake : It is the largest freshwater lake in North India. Tourists throng the lake to see a large number of phumbis floating over it. The lake is surrounded by lush greenery that adds to its overall beauty. A large number of water birds and migratory birds visit the lake every year. Wild animals like sambhar, barking deer, marbled cat, wild Bear, monkeys, and Indian python can be spotted here.
- Indian National Army Complex : The iconic place depicts the Freedom Struggle through letters, photographs and artefacts. Unsung heroes of the freedom struggle are commemorated here. A bronze statue to honours Subhas Chandra Bose can be seen in the complex.
- Keibul Lamjao National Park : It is the only floating National Park in the world. Apart from wild animals, fish and reptiles can also be spotted here. Channa striata, common carp, pool Barb are some of them.
- Sendra Island : The hidden gem in Moirang encompasses a small hillock that is surrounded by water. The beautiful place has a range of cafes and lodges.
- Phubala : At a distance of 5 km from Moirang, Phubala is situated on the banks of Loktak Lake. Travelers for boating visit it.
- Temples : Moirang is also known as the land of temples. Tourists can explore Pakhangba Temple, Loktak Maru Temple, Ibudhou Thangnarel Temple, Oknarel Temple, Radha Mandhop Temple and Gopinath temple here.
Plenty of Moirang tour packages are listed on traveldealsfinder. Make your pick from the ones offered by Manipur tourism and various others only on this portal.