Digboi is one of the most important cities in Assam and is referred to as the Oil City and is the place where the first oil refinery was established. Not just oil, the town is plush with some exciting features, handicrafts, golf courses and clubs.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Digboi
- Digboi Oil Refinery : It is the first-ever oil refinery in Asia and the world's oldest oil refineries. Established in 1901, the refinery produces about .65 metric tonnes of oil per annum.
- Margherita : 14 km from Digboi in Assam, Margherita is known for its lush tea gardens. The town is named after the Italy queen and was established in the 19th century. The city is famous for plywood factories.
- Dibru Saikhowa Wildlife Sanctuary : 60 km from Digboi, the 650 sq km is Assam's largest wildlife park. In 1999, the sanctuary gained the status of National Park. It ranks as the 19 biodiversity hotspots across the world. It is home to wildlife animals like Royal Bengal Tiger, leopard, wild buffalo and over 300 bird species.
- Golf courses : Golf Courses in Assam remind of the British rule in India. Digboi golf course is an 18 hole golf course has seen many tournaments here.
- War Cemetery : 1.5 km from Digboi, the war cemetery is a reminder of the adverse effects of war.
An array of Digboi tour packages are listed on traveldealsfinder. Log onto the portal, choose your package and customize it as per your requirement. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Digboi and Assam travel packages, tour package deals to Digboi. Get exclusive deals on Digboi Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Digboi family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.