Looking for a holiday destination where you can find everything from enjoyment, education to entertainment? Your search ends once you visit Tinsukia in Assam. The holiday destination is plush with breathtaking sightseeing places showcasing breathtaking landscapes and awe-inspiring locations snuggled in the past.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Tinsukia
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park : The park is the largest in Assam as it sprawls to about 650 sq km. It has its place in nineteen biodiversity hotspots across the world. Merely 12 km from Tinsukia, the park is home to a wide range of wildlife species like the Royal Bengal Tiger, sambar, jungle cat, Asian elephant, barking deer and many more exotic animals and about 350 bird species.
- Bherjan-Borjan-Padumoni Wildlife Sanctuary : Here, the three forests occupy a total of 7.22 sq km of the sanctuary. There are about 84 bird species and many wildlife animals that can be spotted here.
- Sadiya : Nestled on the Himalayan foothills, Sadiya is a small and quaint town surrounded by rivers on all three sides. Not only it has significance in Indian mythology, but it was a centre point for trading too.
- Digboi : Renowned for tea plantations, Digboi is Asia's first oil town with its oil refinery commissioned in 1901. It is also the oldest refinery in the world.
- Margherita : Burhi-Dihing River and Patkai ranges surround this golfer's haven. It is also known as the Coal Queen of Assam. The first plywood factory in Assam and the fifth in Asia was established here in the year 1924.
- Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary : Sprawling across 111.19 sq.km the sanctuary is one of the leading attractions in Tinsukia. An array of wildlife animals can be spotted here along with an exotic range of flora and fauna.
- Lakhipathar : Here, the dense bamboo forests surrounding the village make a sight to behold. Do visit the Lakhipathar forest reserve.
- Bardubi : Also known as the 'the big depression', Barbudi is 12 km from Tinsukia, and is surrounded by snow-clad mountains.
Rukmini island, Bell Temple, Na-Pukhuri and Lekhapani should be a part of your Tinsukia tour itinerary without fail.
Some of the best Tinsukia holiday packages are listed on traveldealsfinder. On the portal, you can choose and customize the package of your choice. Travel Deals Finder brings you best and latest flights, hotels in Tinsukia and travel packages, tour package deals to Tinsukia. Get exclusive deals on Tinsukia Christmas, New Year packages, honeymoon getaways and Tinsukia family holiday vacation packages with discount offers.