Lakkidi is a hidden gem in Kerala. It is lusciously green and the entry point to Wayanad district. Though the place is treated as a pit stop, it is the most beautiful getaway. The green meadows and winding roads make Lakkidi a postcard-like destination. The rich and colourful flora makes it all the more beautiful. If you wish to encash a cherished and unique vacation in Kerala, do visit Lakkidi for sure.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Lakkidi
- Pookot Lake - Surrounded by lush green forests and mountains, Pookot Lake near Lakkidi cannot be missed. The boat-like is like an escape from the noisy city in a peaceful nature. There are a greenhouse and an aquarium that attracts tourists.
- Chain Tree - Steel chains from all sides bound the tree. It is believed that in the chained tree resided the shackled spirit of Karinthandan, a tribal killed by the British. There is a temple near the tree - Changala Muneeswaran Kovil built in the honour of the tribal killed.
- Chembra Park - It is the highest peak in the Wayanad district and offers mind-blowing views of the entire valley. The heart-shaped lake is an added charm of the mountain.
- Vennimala Sree Rama Lakshmana Perumal Temple - It is a worshipped shrine of Lord Rama and Lakshmana Perumal. The temple has entrances and balconies adorned with the wooden statues of Shiva, Ravana and Mahalakshmi.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary - The sanctuary is an integral part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. It is home to bison, elephants, owls, woodpeckers, peacocks, babblers and tigers.
Lakkidi tour packages on traveldealsfinder include resorts like Greeshmam Resort Lakkidi, Upavan Resort Lakkidi, Pallickaparambil Homestay Lakkidi, Rain County Resort Lakkidi, Kerala Heritage Tour Package by Indian Holidays, exclusive packages by MySpiceTrip, Yatra and many others.